This role gives you the opportunity to take part in the development, facilitation and deployment of “World Class Learning” to EY’s UK & Ireland region (“UK&I).
You will be aligned to learning for the Tax service line and will be part of a large, experienced and passionate Talent Development function. The role will also contribute to activities and projects across the wider UK&I Talent Development function.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work with multiple senior stakeholders including unity
- the Talent Development Team Leader to identify key learning needs and to formulate Talent Development strategy. You will support World Class learning through the design and development of global and Regional (i.e. UK&I) learning material for classroom, virtual and on-demand delivery.
As a Learning & Development Manager you are expected to have deep functional expertise in L&D and to generate high levels of employee engagement through your communication, behaviours and actions. You will have a role working collaboratively in a highly sought after department at EY, with plenty of opportunities for on the job feedback and coaching.
This is a 12 month maternity cover starting from July 2017.
Your key responsibilities
You will either programme manage a curriculum or manage specific complex courses, with responsibility for the overall UK&I strategy of delivery and deployment of that programme or course.
- Deliver world class learning through the facilitation of learning, both classroom and virtual. This role can be based in either London or Birmingham, with periodic travel required.
- Lead on the strategic evaluation of return on investment of learning delivered by the team and implement appropriate changes in order to maximise the performance development culture within the practice. Assume key leadership role in continual process improvement projects that positively impacts the team and our service delivery
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with the business in order to offer an agile and fit for purpose curriculum
- Provide leadership and build motivation within the team, acting as a role model, particularly during periods of change
- Line manage, coach and counsel the Talent Development Learning Consultants and Learning Coordinators to increase performance standards and to enhance knowledge, skills and competence within their roles
- Support the UK&I Talent Development function by undertaking operational activities, broader Finance activities and budgetary responsibilities, and management of external suppliers, etc
Skills and attributes for success
- Clear functional expertise and experience across the L&D spectrum, including design and facilitation
- Experience in learning deployment, coordination, coaching, counselling and managing the day to day activities of direct reports
- A background and experience in complex project management, ideally within a Professional Services firm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint
To qualify for the role you must have
- Extensive experience of working in Learning and development
- Track record of maintaining strong business relationships
- A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and implementing process improvements and demonstrating best practice
- Excellent people management, coaching and interpersonal skills with an ability to manage difficult conversations
- Highly organised with an attention to detail, an ability to deliver to deadlines and to prioritise effectively
- Ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proactive problem solving skills and be a creative thinker
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm (from Partner down)
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach
- A degree or an equivalent level of experience.
- Level A and B Psychometric qualification
What we look for
You will be an experienced learning and development manager with a passion for all aspects of the role; design, facilitation, project management and building strong stakeholder relationships. You will successfully manage direct reports to deliver World Class learning, with the ability to be agile in your approach.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... 2a5fbb1372