TaxForum

FREE UK Tax Advice|Ask Tax Advisor NOW

UK Taxation Forum is one of the leading free UK tax advice forum in the UK providing Free Tax Advice UK, Tips and Advice Tax, UK Tax Help, UK Tax Return Tips, Tax in the UK, Tips and Tax, Expat Tax, Money Saving Expert Tax Tips etc

Businesses for Sale & Franchise Opportunities. Tax /accountancy businesses for sale & franchise opportunities/ or wanted opportunities.
by Express Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 pm
About Our Client
Queen Mary University of London is one of the UK's leading research-focused higher education institutions. With around 17,840 students, 4,000 staff and an annual turnover of £350m, we are one of the biggest University of London colleges. Queen Mary University of London is based in London's vibrant East End and is committed to high-quality teaching and research. Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.

Job Description
Devising a tax strategy to maximise the recovery of VAT for the University
Continually developing and implementing creative solutions to minimise tax liabilities in relation to new capital projects, new business activities or re actively to changes in legislation
Ensuring that tax compliance is achieved by devising University wide processes and promoting VAT and other tax awareness through training and building relationships with major budget holders
Developing new procedures and new guidance in response to problems and issues that arise out of the day to day income and expenditure processes, ensuring 'loop holes' are closed, guidance is clear and addresses the needs of QMUL and its subsidiaries / associated companies
Taking responsibility for the architecture of the financial systems (Agresso) with respect to the way VAT and taxation is administered and accounted for, ensuring this is efficient, complete and compliant. Ensuring that any changes to the finance system comply for tax purposes; and that these changes are fully tested before enlivened
Provision of VAT advice, information and training to staff within Departments & Sections and to the senior management of the University
Keep under review the AP/AR systems to ensure that they are compliant with VAT legislation and guidelines, proper accounting and to ensure that irrecoverable VAT is minimised on its normal activities
Oversee the preparation, reconciliation and submission of the Corporation Tax returns for QMUL and its subsidiary companies
Review and approve the preparation and reconciliation of all VAT returns before submission (including supplementary tax returns and reporting including those to comply with reverse charge legislation & Acquisition VAT procedures, Intrastat and European Sales Listings as appropriate
Review and approve, the compilation and submission of the Partial Exemption calculations and Capital Goods Scheme in line with HMRC requirements, and maintain the accuracy of agreed methodology.
Review and approve before submission the, including the Reverse Charge where necessary and applicable.
Create and maintain a user-friendly taxation web-site for QMUL staff to use
The Successful Applicant
ACA/CTA/ACCA qualified or hold an equivalent qualification
VAT experience is essential whilst broader Corporate Tax exposure will also be useful
Education or related sector will be an advantage but not essential
An ability to drive change, improve process and challenge the status quo will certainly be important
You will be a good team player and be able to build relationships well outside of Tax and Finance across all the key areas in the organisation
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits

Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... 5f7187c43e
by Ray Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 pm
You know I have read through this and just cannot find a question anywhere, must be me :o

Interestingly, the fish food block I bought before I went on holiday was only meant to last 1 week but has actually lasted 2 weeks so I have saved some money. I am so lucky with that.

Hope that helps.

Ray