The Audit Manager, IT Infrastructure Audit role is based within IT Audit.
The role of the Audit Manager, IT Infrastructure Audit is to undertake and monitor various IT audit activities to help ensure the continuing accuracy and integrity of the Group’s computer systems and protect the Group from potential loss. In particular, to undertake/lead technical infrastructure audits, covering networks and a range of operating system, database and middleware platforms to identify key business and operational risks and identify deficiencies in the control environment.
This role will support the audit program in the IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity space. Operating systems, databases, networks, firewalls, data centres, operations and intrusion prevention and detection technologies
HSBC provides a substantial opportunity for capable people to move within the Bank. Good performance is well rewarded and those who excel are sought out for further development. Opportunities to work on all lines business (e.g. Investment Bank, Private Bank) both in the UK and in other locations. Travel to London and International travel is may be required but is not expected to be a significant part of the role.
There will be on the job coaching and training. There is also an Audit Training programme which combines class room based learning with regular WebEx's. Finally there are opportunities to gain formal qualifications as part of ongoing development. Networking events, social gathering with the wider team
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working to establish a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Communicating technical issues clearly, whether verbally or in writing.
- Providing sound guidance to auditees concerning the identification and mitigation of IT risks.
- Identifying and promoting effective and pragmatic solutions to control and efficiency weaknesses
- Applying risk-based auditing techniques to ensure the efficient execution and identification of audit issues
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of System security configurations across operating systems, databases, middleware and networks. Strong technical knowledge and audit experience of at least two operating systems (e.g. UNIX, Windows, iSeries) and two databases (e.g. DB2, Oracle, Sybase), networks and supporting controls (e.g. change and incident management, identity management) is essential. A sound knowledge is also required of application security and architecture, encryption techniques, data centre management, systems development and project management processes.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Risk management or risk and control assessment, assessing technology risks within a banking environment, particularly focussing on IT infrastructure and IT operations. This should have included assessment of policies and standards, risk scoring, assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of mitigating controls and recommending improvements to control design.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Working in an IT Audit or IT risk assessment and control function or a risk mitigation role, designing and deploying IT controls
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Limited International travel maybe required to EU and Regions outside the EU.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft office products, especially Excel is desirable but not essential
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Experience of supporting others' performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management in a similar organisation
The base location for this role is Sheffield
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... 97f158dafd